On today’s episode of the Premium Hoops podcast, Andrew Schlecht joins to dish on the Oklahoma City Thunder, Chris Paul, SGA, Darius Bazley, and all things OKC. Andrew hosts Down To Dunk, part of The Athletic podcast network. He also is a part of The OKC Dream Team and produces a number of The Athletic’s pods.
Discussed on the Pod:
As the off-season is now in full swing, Mark and Andrew dive into the decisions and factors influencing OKC’s off-season.
- What will Sam presti do with Chris Paul? CP3 showed his worth as a Top 15 player in the season and playoffs; what kind of return will he get?
- Will the Thunder look to re-sign Danilo Gallinari? Is there potential for a sign and trade? Are the Miami Heat still a possible trade suitor for Galo?
- Dennis Schroder played the best basketball of his career. However, it doesn’t seem likely that he’s part of OKC’s future. What’s next for Schroder’s basketball career and is he long for the Thunder?
- What will Oklahoma City look to do in the draft this fall? Can Sam Presti shed some of the narratives surrounding his prior picks? Will OKC move up in the draft?
Mark and Andrew also spend a good deal of time talking about the expectatiosn of this past season. This Thunder team burst onto the scene after a very poor start to the season.
- Comparing this Oklahoma City team to the 14-15 Atlanta Hawks.
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander’s offensive explosion; how can SGA continue to grow as a player and what is his hypothetical ceiling?
- Would it be worth keeping Chris Paul as a mentor for Shai?
- Darius Bazley!!!
- Lu Dort Game 7 shooting!!!
- Lu Dort not Game 7 shooting Y I K E S
Mark and Andrew discuss all things OKC Thunder and unearth a wealth of basketball stories and knowledge!
Enjoy the pod and major thanks to Andrew for joining!
Be sure to Rate and Review Premium Hoops on Apple Podcasts!
Credit to BRBeats Podcast Music @BenRauman